The Fanuc CRX-25iA Collaborative Robot is well-suited for a variety of applications in industrial and manufacturing environments that require the robot to work collaboratively with human operators. The CRX-25iA's 25 kg payload capacity and 1889 mm reach make it suitable for a wide range of applications, including:
1. Material Handling: The CRX-25iA can be used to transport and manipulate raw materials and finished products, including heavy parts and payloads.
2. Machine Tending: The robot can tend machines such as CNC machines, presses, injection molding machines, and other types of manufacturing equipment. The robot can perform tasks such as loading and unloading parts, changing tools, and monitoring the machine's status.
3. Assembly: The CRX-25iA can assist in assembly operations, such as inserting screws or bolts, applying adhesives or sealants, and manipulating parts for fitting.
4. Pick and Place: The robot can be used for pick and place operations, such as picking products or parts from a conveyor and placing them into a specific location or container.
5. Quality Inspection: The robot can be programmed to perform quality inspections, such as checking parts for defects or measuring dimensions.
Bin picking with FANUC CRX-10iA at FAMAR
Famar builds machine tools for the automotive sector. They have 210 employees and a turnover of 70 million per year. They made 6000 machines over the past 40 years. They want to upgrade their machines that go to the customer with a cobot.
The choice to have automation with a collaborative robot differentiates us from the standard used to date in that it allows us to work without the fences or barriers and this enables easy integration on our machines with minimal impact on safety. Choosing a collaborative robot gives us the possibility of being flexible over time in production. We have chosen Fanuc CRX because of its ease of programming and the facilitated environment on the tablet, which will certainly help our customers in the analysis, modification and use of the system. Together with CRX we have integrated a bin picking system which allows handling, picking and recognising the parts from bulk bins which makes our application flexible and adaptable for different parts.
The CRX is easy to use and Fanuc offers great support in every country. These two things are necessary as the cobot is delivered as part of the solution to customers all over the world.
Collaborative Robotic Palletizer Fanuc CRX
Manufacturers today are facing a severe labor shortage which is projected to get worse. Another growing concern for employers is the impact that repetitive tasks are having on their workers’ health.
FANUC Authorized System Integrator, AAA20 Group has designed and engineered a collaborative palletizing solution that addresses key labor concerns and reduces the cost associated with large safety fences and sensors. The solution utilizes a FANUC CRX 10iA/L cobot to stack pallets up to heights of 95” using a vertical axis to adjust the robot height as the pallet layers increase in height.