Pneumatic Stainless Steel Pricing
Choose your modelPrice indication:
Pneumatic Stainless Steel Overview
What is Pneumatic Stainless Steel?
The Stainless Steel Ultimatic™ Collision Sensor is RAD’s patented mechanical collision sensor that:
- Stops the robot* within 2 to 10ms of a collision to minimize costly damage to the robot arm and/or tooling. RAD’s collision sensor provides protection even if the robot arm itself is not moving.
- Absorbs the crash energy without releasing the air pressure in the collision sensor. Keeping the air in the collision sensor prevents tooling ‘sag’ and eliminates the effects of compressed air being released into the environment.
- Automatically resets to within ± 0.0005″ (0.013mm) in x, y, and z dimensions and to within ± 0.017º rotationally to maximize uptime and eliminate the need for human intervention.
- Resists corrosion and is able to be cleaned due to its stainless steel construction.
- Offers 8º of angular compliance (please see RAD’s Pneumatic High-Angle Collision Sensor for information on collision sensors with 13º of angular compliance).
- Allows pneumatic adjustment so the user can easily change the amount of resistance the unit must encounter before signaling a collision.
- Has a compliance adjustment feature that lets the user determine the amount of deflection allowed before a signal is sent to the robot’s E-stop or controller.
Robotic Collision Sensors provide robot crash protection and safety by mechanically detecting when the robot arm* has encountered an obstruction, absorbing the crash energy, and quickly stopping the robot to prevent costly damage to the robot arm and tooling.
RAD’s Stainless Ultimatic™ Collision Sensor works by establishing the minimal points of contact required to restrain all degrees of freedom (movement) in normal operation. When a robotic crash occurs, external forces upset this balance thereby allowing angular, rotational, or compressive compliance. This motion opens a normally closed switch and sends a signal to your robot’s E-stop or controller.
Note: The Stainless Steel Ultimatic™ Collision Sensor can be used as a compliance (alignment) device rather than a collision sensor by simply mounting the unit without wiring it to the robot. Please see the Compliance Device section for more end-effector compliance options.